About Dr. Michael Djan, Cape Town Ophthalmologist
Dr. Michael Djan is an Ophthalmic Surgeon based in Cape Town with special interests in Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma Surgery, Pterygium Surgery, Medical Retina & Diabetes, Minor Oculoplastics, Age-related Macular Degeneration, Paediatric and Adult Strabismus/Squints as well as various other disciplines.
- Graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand MB BCh in 2003.
- Completed specialist training at Stellenbosch University graduating Master of Medicine (MMed).
- Became a Fellow of the College of Ophthalmologists of South Africa in 2013.
- Fellow of the International council of Ophthalmology in 2016.
Dr. Djan is affiliated with the following societies:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Ophthalmological Society of South Africa (OSSA)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
- Southern African Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (SASCRS)
- Health professional Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- South African Glaucoma Society (SAGS)
- African Ophthalmology Council (AOC)
- South African Medical Association (SAMA)
- Medical protection society (MPS)